Lamb Shank Hot Stone Bowl
- Lamb shank450 g
- Chinese cabbage 15 g
- Pak choi15 g
- Button mushroom10 g
- Shitake mushroom10 g
- Garlic chopped4 g
- Ginger chopped3 g
- Spring onion5 g
- Dry red chili3 g
- Chili flakes .02 g
- Aromatic powder3 g
- Sichuan oil3 mg l
- Chili oil2 ml
- Chili paste6 g
- Soya sauce .05 m
- Star anise seeds .05 mg
- Salt2 g
- Star anise
- Take lamb shank and clean thoroughly, slow boil with star anise, dry chili, Sichuan peppercorn, garlic, ginger, dark and light soya sauce, chili oil. Simmer till the meat is soft and tender, keep fully boiled mutton with jous (do not throw the water)
- Set Chinese wok and add Sichuan oil, chili oil, garlic, ginger and sautéed Chinese pak choi, button mushroom, shitake mushroom, and add lamb shank with boiled stock. Cook for two minutes by adding one teaspoon of chili paste and soya sauce.
- Finish with three teaspoon of diluted potato starch. Serve in hot stone bowl, tempered with chili oil, dry chili, chili flakes, garlic, chopped spring onion.
For the crepes
- All purpose flour 60 g
- Whole eggs Two
- Milk 40 ml
- White sugar 30 g
- Melted butter 15 g
For the sauce
- Calamansi juice (orange family) 20 ml
- Strawberry jam 20 g
- Honey 15 ml
For the presentation
- Ice cream One scoop
- Banana leaf Few
- Bananas Two
- Cinnamon powder Half teaspoon
Making the crepes
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crepes except the melted butter. Mix well until smooth.
- Brush a non-stick pan with some of the melted butter. Place the pan over medium heat.
- Ladle about 40 ml of crepe batter into the pan. Swirl the pan so that the batter spreads and the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Cook until crepes are light and brown. Repeat till all the crepes are made.
Preparing the bananas
- Peel the bananas and arrange them on a plate. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and calamansi juice on each banana.
- Assemble the banana cannoli. Preheat the oven to 180 oC. On a working board, lay a crepe and spread strawberry compote on it.
- Arrange a banana on one side and roll it over the crepe.
- Dip the assembled cannoli in beaten egg white. Place a pan over medium heat. Put the cannoli into the pan and make it brown on each side.
For the sauce
- In a saucepan mix sugar, honey, and strawberry jam, and cook over low heat until it caramelizes.
- Pour the sauce on the center of the plate. Cut the banana cannoli into half and then tie the pieces with the banana leaf. Arrange it on the center of the plate and serve immediately.
Liquor-Soaked Nuts Kheer Dark Chocolate Cake
For Darken Chocolate Cake
- Unsalted butter 250 g
- Dark chocolate 200 g
- Espresso powder One tablespoon
- Whole milk 100 ml
- Flour 250 g
- Cocoa powder 40 g
- Caster sugar 250 g
- Eggs Four
- Vanilla extract One teaspoon
- Sour cream 150 ml
- Liquor-soaked chopped nuts 75 g
- Baking soda 5 g
For the dark chocolate glaze
- Gelatin 20 g
- Dark chocolate 300 g
- Double cream 100 ml
- Liquid glucose 50 g
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C. Grease and line a deep, 23-cm round loose-bottomed cake tin, then set aside. Melt the chocolate, butter, espresso powder, and milk in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl, then add the caster sugar. Fold into the chocolate mixture along with the eggs. Add vanilla extract, sour cream, baking soda, and liquor-soaked chopped nuts.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the center comes out with some moist crumbs sticking to it. Set aside to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the ingredients together, stirring occasionally, in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the tin and leave to cool.
- Sweet condensed milk 400 g
- Sugar 125 g
- Milk 2 L
- Raw rice 125 g
- Dried fruits chopped 50 g
- Cardamom powder 5 g
- Wash rice and cook on slow fire until rice is soft.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and sugar and cook for another five to seven minutes, stirring constantly, until the kheer reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove from fire and add dried chopped fruits and cardamom powder.
Assembling the cake
- Layer the cake into thin three slices. Make a hole in the center of each slice.
- Spread kheer on top of each cake slice and in the center.
- Set it in the freezer for one hour.
- To finish, top it with melted chocolate glaze (chocolate glaze should not be hot).
- Garnish with chocolate cigar, nuts on the side, mint leaf, and white chocolate rings or caramelized sugar ball on top.